Turkmenistan is an unparalleled country, with broad deserts, wide avenues, and historical and natural sights unrivaled anywhere else. From Darvaza Gas Crater to the stunning architecture of Ashgabat, our best Turkmenistan tours take you everywhere.
Turkmenistan has a long history on the Silk Road, as caravans crossing the vast Karakum Desert would stop at oasis cities like Merv. However, most of the local population lived a nomadic life, traveling across the desert (the famous Akhal-Teke horses were prized for their speed and endurance in the desert).
During Turkmenistan tour you will explore the monuments of ancient Merv, discover the medieval mausoleums and minarets in Kunya-Urgench and visit unique attractions of Ashgabat. In addition, you will have a journey to the Darvaza gas crater, where you will enjoy the beauty and tranquility of Karakum desert.
Arrive in Ashgabat. Transfer to the hotel. Free time. Overnight at the hotel.
Turkmenistan group tour starts with 8:00 am morning flight to Mary that will take 40 min. Explore ancient city of Merv, a major center of international trade and crafts located on the Silk Road, listed as UNESCO World Heritage Site. Return to Mary. Visit History museum of the region. Transfer to the airport for evening flight to Ashgabat at 19:00, arrival at 20:00. Transfer to the hotel for overnight.
Early in the morning start the day with a sightseeing tour in Ashgabat, the capital of Turkmenistan that has recently been noted by the Guinness Book of World Records as having the most white marble-clad buildings in the world. During the city tour you will explore an archeological site of Old Nisa included in UNESCO World Heritage list andTurkmenbashi Mosque-Mausoleum, one of the biggest mosques in Central Asia. You will visit the National Museum of History, the Monument of Neutrality, Ertugrul Gazi Mosque, newly built Independence Park and (Sunday) bazaar. Intense and interesting excursion also includes a stopover at the Akhalteke horse stables. In the afternoon drive to Darvaza gas crater located in the middle of Karakum desert (280km, 4h). Arrive at the crater, set up the camp. Enjoy a delicious fire-cooked meal for dinner near the burning gas crater. Overnight in tents.
In the morning depart Gaz crater and drive to Kunya-Urgench. Visit mausoleums of Turabek-Khanym, Sultan Tekesh, Sultan Il Arslan, Najmuddin-Kubra, Sultan Ali. Discover the Kutlug Timur Minaret and Kyrk Molla Hill. Transfer to the airport for evening flight to Ashgabat (ETD 2010h, ETA 2100h). Upon arrival in Ashgabat transfer to the hotel for overnight.
Turkmenistan Visa Requirements
In general all foreign nationals are required to have a visa to enter the Republic of Turkmenistan. Tourist visa is issued by the Immigration Service of the Republic of Turkmenistan on the basis of application from a licensed travel agency in Turkmenistan. The approval period usually varies between 3 - 4 weeks. The Immigration Service reserves the right to deny a visa application without any explanations. Approved visa application is faxed directly to the embassy or consulate of the Republic of Turkmenistan in the country where the traveler will receive visa.
Turkmenistan Visa Support Conditions
Turkmenistan Visa Support is inclusive to the travel services package, which embrace:
1. Visa support letter;
2. Entry Travel Pass;
3. Registration in Immigration Department;
4. Meeting at the border;
5. Hotel accommodation to the choice;
6. Accompanying guide.
Visa will cost from $50 to $150 to the receiver depending on the length of your stay, number of entries and urgency. The fee is paid at the embassy with the visa application.
Please send us query for Turkmenistan visa support with the following information:
1. Color copy of valid international passport (full page that clearly shows all text, photo, signature and bar code);
2. One recent color passport-size photo;
3. Marital status (single, married, divorced, widowed)
4. Duration of stay (from/until);
5. Number of entries
6. Point of entrance and exit in Turkmenistan
7. Full name and date of birth of spouse
8. Full name(s) and date(s) of birth of child(ren)
9. Home address (full address of permanent residence; not the address of temporary residence)
10. Name of educational institute (name of institute of last/highest educational certification)
11. Place of institute (place and country)
12. Field of study (department, faculty, field/direction/specialization, for example medicine, economics, engineering, linguistics, management, history, law)
13. Work position (position/function/title of current job, for example economist, engineer, medical doctor, retired, housewife, student)
14. Place of work (name and place of work and address)
15. Place of obtaining Turkmenistan visa (embassy and name of city, or on arrival at land border or airport)
16. Previous visits to Turkmenistan (year, month and purpose)
Scanned copies should be made only from original documents and send in e-mail attachment in JPEG or PDF format, high-definition and file size minimum 250 KB.
Images from camera/mobile phone are not acceptable.
Where to apply for and obtain Turmenistan Visa?
Tourists may apply for a visa at any Turkmenistan embassy or consulate abroad and obtain it on arrival at Ashgabat airport, the Turkmen land border at Farab (Bukhara, Uzbekistan), Shavat (Khiva, Uzbekistan), Khojeyli (Nukus, Uzbekistan); Gaudan (Bajgiran/Mashhad, Iran), Bekdash (Aktau, Kazakhstan). Visa is not issued at the land borders of Serakhs (Iran), Serhetabat (Afghanistan) and Turkmenbashi (the Caspian Sea Port).
Turkmenistan Visa Application Requirements:
1. Two completed visa applications;
2. Valid passport and its copy. Passport must have at least six months validity period from the day of entrance to Turkmenistan;
3. Two passport size photos glued to the applications;
4. Visa fee;
5. Approved tourist visa support letter;
6. Stamped, self-addressed envelope, if the embassy agreed to serve by post.
Turkmenistan Transit Visa:
Transit visa for Turkmenistan you may obtain without LOI. It is available at all Turkmenistan Consulates upon presentation of valid onward visas or relevant ticketing where applicable. No transit visa is available at any Turkmenistan border points including Ashgabat airport.
Kindly be advised that Turkmenistan authorities have tightened visa regulations and have been quite strict lately with issuing letters of invitation. We encourage applying for it as early as Turkmenistan law permits (3 months prior to the date of exit from Turkmenistan). We suggest booking refundable tickets or purchasing them after the letter of invitation has been issued.